This is an extremely simple and quick dish to cook using fresh clams.
700g fresh clams
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
1 Bird’s eye chilli
2 to 3 shallots
2 to 3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon dry chilli paste
3 to 4 stalks of spring onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
Salt, to taste
ground white pepper, to taste
Scrub the clams and rinse them in cold running water to get rid of any visible sands and particles.
2. In a food processor, add garlic, shallots and Chilli. Blend into a paste.
3. Preheat a wok on high heat. Add in the oil and swirl the wok to coat with oil. Add in the paste, dry chilli paste and saute until fragrant.
4. Add in the clams, oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt and white pepper. Mix well.
5. Let it cook for 10 minutes, or until the clams start to open up. Then add the spring onion.
6. Remove from wok to serving platter. Discard the clams that remain closed. Serve immediately and best eaten with steamed rice.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok