These lacy, crispy sweet potato fritters are great for your afternoon tea! Yes, I love my afternoon tea ☕️. Be sure to cook them gently over medium heat so they cook through and crisp up without burning because I made this mistake the first time. 😊
FOR THE BATTER:
- 200 to 300 gram sweet potato, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 200 to 250ml water
- 2 to 3 cup vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Combine the sweet potato, plain flour, corn flour, turmeric, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg. Gradually add enough water, whisking constantly, to form a thick batter. Stir in the sweet potatoes.
3. Heat a wok or deep frying pan and add oil. Scoop spoonfuls of batter into the oil, forming fritters. Cook, turning halfway, for 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Season with salt. Repeat with the remaining batter.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok