Masala Chai Tea – a creamy, warming, comforting and spiced tea. It’s the perfect drink to enjoy cuddled up with a blanket and a good book. It does not need much effort, all you need is just a pot with 6 ingredients!
- 3 tea bags, Darjeeling Tea or Assam Tea
- 2 whole cinnamon stick
- 4 to 6 green cardamom pods
- 3-4 whole cloves
- 3 to 4 cups boiling water
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- In a medium saucepan or metal add all the spices, water and ginger. Bring to a boil over high heat, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add tea bags and dairy-free milk of choice and lower heat to low and maintain a simmer for 15 minutes. Then turn off heat and let steep for 5 minutes or longer for deeper flavor.
3. Add sweetener of your choice. Strain through a fine mesh strainer before serving.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok