Quick and easy Garlic-Soy Prawn spaghetti using ingredients that you already have on hand. Quick, no-fuss, and made in less than 20 minutes!
- 400 gram prawn, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 packet Spaghetti
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, dissolve in 1/4 cup water
- 3 stalks spring onion, leave some for garnish
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 to 2 Bird’s Eye Chilli (optional)
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or mirin
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until just al dente.
2. In a small bowl, add the sauce ingredients and stir well. Set aside.
3. In a pan and on medium heat, add olive oil. Sauté garlic and onion until fragrant. Stir fry the prawn, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes each side or until the prawns are pink and opaque. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, pour into the sauce mixture and chicken stock. Bring it to simmer, about 2 to 3 minutes or until it has reduced. Then add the Spaghetti and mix well.
5. Now let’s assemble! Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with green onions.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok