This Steamed prawns is quick and easy to whip up without any fuss! You get amazing flavors from the garlic & spring onions 🧅 🧄
- 500 to 600 gram fresh large Prawns, make a slit in the back of the prawns, and deveined them leaving the shells on
FOR THE MARINADE
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Chicken Bouillon cube, dissolve in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 4 to 5 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 2 stalks coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oi
- Salt, to taste
- Ground White Pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
2. Clean and deveined the prawns leaving the shells on. Using a scissors or knife, make a slit on the back of the large prawns. Deep enough to stuff the marinade later on.
3. In a steamer, lay the prawns slit side up. Then add the marinade in the prawns generously.
4. In a large dutch oven or pot, pour in water and bring to boil. Then add the prawns marinated earlier and let it steam for 5 to 8 minutes depending on the size of the prawns.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok