Tuesday Lunch Box – Another one of the boy’s favourite, Sticky, Sweet & Spicy Grilled Chicken. Perfect for using chicken drumstick, thighs or breasts. You can also pair it with steamed rice, steamed/ roast vegetables or Tamagoyaki Omellete.
Prepare the ingredients and marinade the chicken the night before and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, oven grill the chicken for 30 to 40 minutes. While waiting for the chicken to cook, prepare the Tamagoyaki Omelette.
- 6 to 8 pieces Chicken Drumstick or wings
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chill/Chilli Boh, blended (optional)
- 3 to 4 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup (Maggi or Heinz Brand)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon Siracha Sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- Salt, to taste
- Ground White Pepper, to taste
Ready to marinade
- In a large bowl, combine the marinade ingredients together and mix well. Set aside 1/4 cup marinade for basting.
2. In a bowl or a large resealable plastic bag, add the chicken and pour in the remaining marinade. Cover with cling film. Let marinate in the fridge at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Grilling the chicken
3. Turn the oven to 200C and re-position the rack in the middle of the oven.
4. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and set a wire rack. Arrange the marinated chicken legs on the wire rack with a little space between each leg. Then cover the chicken with aluminium foil and let it cook 20 minutes.
5. Remove the aluminium foil and baste the chicken with the reserved marinade and leave it to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until it has browned and cooked through.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok