A simple & delicious recipe. The Yakitori Chicken Skewer is hard to resist! Chicken and spring onions are skewered and glazed with rich sweet and savory sauce as they cook and caramelize on the grill.
Prepare the ingredients and let the boneless chicken thaw in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, mix chicken with the marinade prepared the night before for 15 to 30 minutes. Then grill the chicken skewers for to 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4 to 6 pieces Boneless Chicken Thigh
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or mirin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 stalk spring onions, for garnish
Ready to marinade
- Prepare the chicken by cutting it into one-inch pieces and place in a shallow dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine the marinade ingredients together and mix well. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Reserve 2 tablespoons sauce for serving.
3. Pour remaining sauce over chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to 30 minutes (do not marinade overnight). Meanwhile, soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes. Thread chicken pieces onto skewers.
Grilling the chicken
4. Preheat grill on medium heat, add oil. Place skewers and let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning every 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Serve drizzled with reserved sauce and garnished with spring onions.
6. Serve with a bowl of egg fried rice and vegetables of your choice.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok