These easy to make, pillowy soft naan breads are so addictive. It is soft, fluffy and delicious! It goes perfectly well with Butter Chicken!
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and water. Stir to dissolve then let sit for a 10 minutes or until it is frothy on top.
2. In a separate medium bowl, add flour. Make a well and add the yeast mixture, yoghurt, salt and oil. Mix, then knead the dough until the surface becomes smooth and shiny, about 10 minutes.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour. It should double in size.
4. Divide the dough into 6 to 8 equal portions. Turn the ball of dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the ball of dough for about 3 minutes, adding small amounts of flour as necessary to keep the dough from sticking.
5. Heat up a skillet over high heat and lightly grease the surface with some oil to avoid the dough from sticking to the skillet.
6. Place the dough on the skillet. When it puffs up and bubbles and burnt spots appear, flip it over and cook the other side. Repeat the same until all dough are done.
6. Brush the naan with the melted butter, serve warm.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok