Have you ever found yourself cooking the same thing over and over again? Well, this Ginger Soy is the answer to mine. It make regular appearances in our home. It’s great for a midweek meal when you are in a hurry. It’s healthy, filling and the chili soy ginger sauce will dance on your taste buds. 💃
- 500 to 800 gram Salmon Fillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 shallots, diced or thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried Chilli, blended (optional)
- 4 to 5 tablespoon sweet soy sayce
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 Chicken or Vegetable cube (optional)
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- Ground White Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- In a pan and on medium heat, add oil. sauté garlic, ginger and dried blended Chilli until fragrant.
2. Add sweet soy sauce, vinegar, light soy sauce and oyster sauce. Stir well. Then add water, chicken or vegetable cube, salt and white pepper.
3. Add the salmon, carrots and tomato and let it cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the Salmon is cooked. We want the sauce to also reduce slightly.
4. Served with steamed rice.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok