Soft, silky tofu is steamed with a delicious ginger garlic soy sauce, topped with coriander and spring onion.
- 1 packet Silken Tofu
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Ground White pepper
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 to 2 teaspoon dried Chilli, blended or 2 Bird’s Eye Chilli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup coriander
FOR THE GARNISH
- 2 stalks spring onion, chopped
- Handful coriander, chopped
PREPARE THE SAUCE
- In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Then in a pestle and mortar, add garlic, coriander, dried shrimp, Chilli and pound them altogether. Then add the sauce prepared earlier and mix.
STEAM THE TOFU
3. Place the Tofu on a plate and cut the tofu into several 1 to 2 cm thick pieces or you can leave it whole.
4. In a large dutch oven/ steamer, pour in water, cover and let it boil. Place the tofu in the dutch oven/ steamer, and pour the sauce over the tofu. Cover and let it steam for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Sprinkle coriander, spring onion and fried shallots (optional) over the tofu. Serve with steamed rice.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok