Easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious. It’s incredibly moist and makes you want to have more!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, add in one at a time
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 300 grams Philadelphia cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Handful walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Grease two 10 inch square or round pans and line the bottom with parchment paper.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients and add eggs one at a time. Whisk until combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients in 4 parts, gently stirring until the cake batter is smooth. Stir in the grated carrots and pecans .
6. Divide the batter equally into the two cake pans. Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. About 30 to 40 minutes.
7. Cool cakes in the pan for 20 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks. Leave to cool for another 15 minutes
LET’S MAKE THE FROSTING 🧁
8. In a medium bowl, add the Philadelphia cheese and beat until creamy, about 1 minute.
9. Beat in the powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beat until fluffy. Pour in whipping cream and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Cover with cling and chill for 30 minutes.
10. When the cake layers are completely cool, frost the bottom of one cake layer, place the other cake layer on top and frost some more. Scatter nuts on edge of the cake.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok