No fancy ingredients. Just good old fashioned pancake! These are my basic everyday pancakes that I’ve been making once a week and works every time.
What makes this easy is that the batter is mixed up in just one bowl, which means faster prep and cleanup 💃. No fussy steps like sifting flour…separating eggs and bla bla bla. This one bowl recipe that requires just 7 pantry ingredients and is ready in 20 minutes or less.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- Maple syrup
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Then add the wet ingredients one at a time while mixing to avoid any clumps. Let the batter rest while you heat the pan.
3. Heat a non-stick pan on low heat, use a small laddle and portion the batter to the pan. Cook on the first side until bubbles appear on the surface, the edges begin to look dry, and the bottoms are golden brown. Flip the pancakes. Cook until the second sides are golden-brown. Repeat.
4. Stack the pancakes, top with your favourite toppings (sweet or savoury) and pour over with a generous amount of maple syrup and a knob of butter. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok