A very homey Chinese style stir fried clams with the basic Chinese seasonings. Easy and quick, this comes together in 30 minutes.
- 1 kg clams
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
FOR THE PASTE:
- 3 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 to 3 dried chilies
- 1 stalk lemongrass
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Hot & Sweet Chilli Sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 stalks spring onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- Handful coriander, chopped
1. In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the paste. Blend until fine.
2. In a wok, heat the oil on medium heat, add the paste blended easier. Stir fry until fragrant.
3. Turn the heat on high, add the clams into the wok and stir a few times. When the clams start to open up, add all the sauce.
4. Lastly, add the chopped spring onion and fresh coriander into the wok, do a few quick stirs, dish out and serve immediately.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok