It’s quick easy and delicious! Succulent prawns, flavor packed with ginger, garlic and Chilli bean paste. The leeks and spring onion gives the extra oomph to this dish!
- 300 to 400 gram prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon, Ground White Pepper
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 3 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorn, pounded
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoon Chinese Black Bean Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Chinese Black Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon, chicken bouillon (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine salt, egg, cornflour and prawns. Toss to coat.
- In a wok over high heat, add oil. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook partially until one side is nicely seared, about 1 minute. Flip and sear the other side of each shrimp, about one more minute. They don’t need to be cooked all the way through yet. Remove them to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium and more oil if required. Sauté the garlic, ginger, onions, leeks until fragrant. Then add the black bean sauce, Chinese black vinegar, salt and chicken bouillon.
- Add the prawns and spring onion. Stir fry for another minute or so until shrimp is cooked through. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok