Sweet and Sour Prawn is is stir-fried with onion, peppers, pineapple and then tossed in a tangy sauce. This dish comes together in just 15 minutes for a simple and flavorful dinner.
For the prawn:
- 15 pieces prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, cut in chunks
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
- 2 pineapple ring, cut in chunks
- 1/4 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/4 green pepper, cut into chunks
- In a bowl, season the prawns with salt. Pour 1 teaspoon of a beaten egg in and coat the prawns. Then mix in the cornflour and coat the pieces again.
- In a pan, add oil and fry the prawns for 2 to 3 minutes. Once cooked, take the prawns out and set aside.
- In a wok, add oil. Sauté the onions and add all the sauce ingredients. Stir well. Then add the prawns, pineapple and peppers. Let it cook for another 1 minute.
- Enjoy with a bowl of steamed rice!
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok