This Thai Beef Salad bursting with aromatics- lemony flavored coriander leaves with cool cucumber, chilies, lime, fresh mint, sliced beef and finish off with roasted peanuts.
For the beef:
- 300 to 400g beef sirloin
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 2 to 3 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 6 to 8 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cucumber , cut into slices
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
For the dressing:
- 1 birds eye Chilli , finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the garnish:
- 2 tablespoon roasted peanuts, crushed
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh mint
Let’s make the dressing:
- In a mortar and pestle, pound chili, garlic, coriander. Then add the remaining dressing ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
Cook the beef:
- Marinade the beef with fish sauce, salt and ground pepper for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a skillet over high heat and add oil. Place the beef and cook beef to your liking. I cook mine 3 minutes each side for medium.
- Remove the beef and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing it.
Now prepare the salad and assemble:
- Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl and add the sliced beef. Dress the salad and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with extra coriander and mint leaves. Serve immediately!
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok