Gather your friends round and serve them this delicious Cantonese Steamed Fish. All you need is a few simple ingredients that can probably already be found in your own pantry and refrigerator.
- 1 whole Seabass
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 inch ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 stalks spring onion, chopped
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup water
1. Prepare your steamer and fill with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Place the whole fish on a plate and carefully place it in the steamer. Cover and steam for 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the size and thickness of your fish.
2. In a pan over medium heat, add oil and sauté ginger and garlic until fragrant. Combine the light soy sauce, salt, sugar, sesame oil, hot water, spring onion and mix until the sugar are dissolve. Set aside.
3. Once the sauce is ready, pour it over the fish. Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve immediately with a bowl of steamed rice.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok